Thursday, October 21, 2010

Correction Policy

I am lazy.  I am doing this blog for the fun of it and as an exercise in improving my mental health.  And, I'm a lousy researcher.  (This is something I learned about myself when I was in college many years ago).  These are all good reasons why I am likely to screw up.  Actually, no mater how good you are and how careful you are you will screw up.  My plan, when the inevitable screw up happens, is to correct the record in a manner at least as prominently as the original screw up.  I don't have a large staff or organization.  There is just me.  So there will be no outside referee to decide when I have screwed up.  When it comes to screw ups, I'm the decider.  I realize that's suboptimal but that's just how it is.  How do you convince me that I have screwed up?

If you read my introduction you will know my general approach.  If you want to convince me that I got it wrong give me facts and analysis.  All variations on "you are a bad person" are unconvincing.  The level of civility in public discourse has declined severely over the years.  I am interested in raising it not lowering it so I will be more positively disposed to the civil among you.

Finally, as will become more obvious as I post further, I am an atheist.  In spite of that I have no problem with people praying for me or praying over my eternal soul.  My mother does it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment